What Is A Prepaid Meter?
A prepaid meter is a type of meter that lets you purchase the amount of electricity you want beforehand. This is usually carried out with the use of a token or a key card.
What Are The Different Types of Prepaid Electricity Meters?
Majorly, there are 2 types of prepaid meters.
- Key Meters: A key meter uses a special electronic key that contains your tariff information.
- Smart Card Meters: These meters work by sending your latest information through to your supplier when topped up.
How To Get A Prepaid Meter In Nigeria?
AEDC (Abuja Electricity Distribution Company)offers prepaid meters to residents of Abuja, Kogi, Jos, and Niger. Lagos state residents can choose between the Ikeja Electricity company and the Eko Electricity company. While Ibadan Resident can acquire from IBEDC.
- Visit your region’s electricity distribution company’s website to download and fill out the prepaid meter form. Alternatively, you can visit the electricity distribution company close to you and pick up a form.
- Submit the form online or to the sales representative at the outlet you picked the form from.
- The meter would be installed within 45 days, providing all requirements are met.
How to activate a prepaid meter after Installation?
Once a prepaid meter has successfully been installed and connected, it needs to be activated. Note that newly installed prepaid meters always come with a test credit. In order to recharge a new credit, customers must exhaust their test credit first. Activating a meter means linking it to your Customer Interface Unit (CIU). Here are the steps to activate a newly installed meter:
- Connect your CIU to a wall socket and switch it on. Ensure there is power supply to carry out this process.
- Input your meter number and press enter
- Your CIU will display as successful. This means the process was successful and you can proceed with the recharge.
However, Longi Prepaid meters are different.
How to activate Longi prepaid Meter?
To activate a Longi prepaid meter, do this:
- Enter ‘620’ on your meter
- Enter your meter number
- Enter ‘123456’
Never forget that you can purchase or recharge electricity via the internet or even via a feature phone. Cut through the stress. Buy electricity on CashMore
Discover more about CashMore by visiting our website here. Connect with the coolest Fam on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, and YouTube for more amazing tips and updates. Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org